It's the secret to happy dogs! The Adaptil Electric Dog Diffuser is a natural product proven to comfort both puppies and adult dogs using a discreet plug-in to bathe the home in a synthetic copy of the canine-appeasing pheromone. The diffuser should be plugged in inside the room where your dog spends most of his time. Adaptil Refills can be purchased and replaced as required; up to 5 refills may be used before replacing the diffuser unit.
- Perfect for calming your dog in stressful situations such as socialization, travel, and kennels
- Scientifically proven to calm dogs naturally using synthetic DAP, a pheromone released by the mother dog 3-5 days after having a litter of puppies
- Provides the same calming effect of the dog appeasing pheromone used in Adaptil sprays and diffusers
- Uses a synthetic copy of a dog appeasing pheromone to elicit a calming message to your dog in a natural manner
- Covers an area of 530-750 square feet with each vial and lasts up to 4 weeks
- Includes one plug in diffuser and a 30 day refill
*It is not recommended to plug an Adaptil diffuser in a room with caged birds, as some caged birds are known to have sensitive respiratory systems.
* Keep out of reach of children.
Canine appeasing pheromone analogue 5%
Excipients. q.s. 1 collar 100%
- Just plug and play: screw the vial onto the diffuser unit and plug it into an outlet
- Avoid plugging in the diffuser under shelves, behind doors, behind curtains and behind furniture. It will impair how it works
- Do not use in a multi-plug or multi-socket
- Do not use with an adaptor or extension cord
Use 1 diffuser for an area up to 700 sq. ft. For a large home, or for a multi-floor home, you may need more than one diffuser. Or use Adaptil Calm On-the-Go Collar instead.
One refill lasts up to 30 days. It is recommended to replace the refill every 4 weeks, even if a small amount of liquid remains in the vial (the vial will never be completely empty). One diffuser head lasts 6 months. Diffusers should be replaced every 6 months.
It will take up to 24 hours for the room to become saturated with. For situations that can be anticipated like fireworks, you should plug in the Diffuser 2-3 days in advance.
Don't unplug or switch off the diffuser at night. Leave the diffuser on 24 hours a day. The clinical trials were performed with the dogs receiving continuous exposure to Adaptil.
Adaptil Calm Refill should never be used with a non-Ceva diffuser. Adaptil Calm Home Diffuser should never be used with a non-Ceva refill.
The general rule of thumb is that if a bird can handle wax-based non-scented candles, there shouldn't be a problem (the diffuser is a wax-based paraffin oil, similar to a candle, and it is odorless). However, as some birds are known to have sensitive respiratory systems therefore it is recommended not to plug in the diffuser in the same room. Similarly it is advised not to plug it in a room containing an aquarium.
New diffusers may smell slightly for the first 24 hours, just as an electrical heater might when dust has collected on it. Diffusers in a very dusty environment may smell more persistently. Be sure that a dog or cat has not urinated onto the device. If the device is used continuously for long periods of time, we recommend that is changed every 6 mouths.